Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Why am I beginning this blog?

Hello blogger world! My name is Samantha Rose, hence the name of my blog! I like to think I am blooming or blossoming into myself, therefore Rose in Bloom. I am twenty years old, soon to be twenty-one. I go to school at a private college in western MA. I love white and pink wine. Red is okay. I love love loveee a good cup of coffee. My music preferences vary from month to month, even sometimes week to week. Frank Sinatra, Nora Jones, Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, Michael BublĂ©, Kings of Leon, Colbie Caillat, Jason Mraz, Train, Bruce Springsteen, and The Beatles are among some of my favorites. I love a good Romantic Comedy. Sometimes I'm completely irrational but I just can't help it. I get angry quickly, but in two minutes I will probably forget why. I am a hopeless romantic head-over-heels in love with my best friend. 









He is my sweetheart (I'm smiling stupidly as I think about him while I write this). Sorry for the large assortment of pictures, he's just so darn cute. Sappy books, to me, are the best books. I have a terrible habit of twirling my hair. I love to sing, it is one of my favorite things to do. 
I am a self proclaimed health nut but I am still learning more and more about health and wellness. I love to exercise, most of the time, but sometimes I am just downright lazy. I will probably write posts further regarding this, but I am slowly becoming more comfortable with myself and my body.
I wouldn't necessarily say I struggled with an eating disorder, but I have struggled with body image, food, and binge eating for years. In the past year or so it has gotten the worst it has ever been, but that is partly why I am writing this blog. 
I am on a journey to find peace, my own inner bliss, which I believe will also be found through exploring and expressing my thoughts, whether it be online in a blog, or just through writing.  

Happy New Year to everyone by the way! My goal for 2015 is to become happy, so unbelievably happy. I want to love myself, all of myself. I don't want to hold anything back. I don't want to think about what other think of me, I don't want to think of judgement or feel uncomfortable with myself. I just want to live my life, and love it. Cheers to a brand new year and a brand new blog! 

xoxo
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment